Boiler Tips, Information and Products
When it comes to heating repairs, boiler installation, etc there are several different configurations and styles of boilers and boiler systems to think about.
Some examples are:
- Hot water (hydronic)
- Gravity (no pumps)
- Radiant floors
- Radiators (Older homes)
Most residential boilers here in Colorado Springs are of the gas fired hot water type using a zoned baseboard distribution system. Steam boilers are still used in some of the older homes.
- Boilers should be periodically drained, flushed, refilled and bled (air removal).
- Some pumps and motors require oiling at regular intervals.
- Burners should be cleaned and checked for proper combustion and efficiency.
- Controls need to be checked for correct temperature settings and safety.
- Vents should be checked for proper operation and safe conditions.
Below is a brief listing of the boilers we offer. This is not a complete list. Contact us for more information!
- 50,000 – 399,000 Btu/Hr
- 95% AFUE Efficiency
- Up to 98.6% Low Temp Application Efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® Compliant
- Condensing Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger
As the leader in condensing technology, Navien has already reinvented the water heating industry with the award-winning NPE tankless water heaters and the NCB combi-boilers. The new NHB boiler series is the next in line of innovations from Navien. All NHB boilers have Navien’s advanced burner system, an industry-leading AFUE of 95% and turn down ratios up to 15:1. Now available in four sizes NHB‑55, NHB‑80, NHB‑110 and NHB‑150.
The Laars MINI-THERM residential hydronic boiler features energy efficiency to minimize utility bills, compact construction, quiet operation , and above all, the ability to deliver consistent warmth when outside temperatures plummet.
Proven in residential applications worldwide , the MINI-THERM’s advanced technology was developed for long life and dependability. The heat exchanger’s finned copper tubes provide unbeatable heat transfer with consistent efficiency throughout its long operating life.
- High Efficiency Energy Star Models Available (up to 95% AFUE)
- Single Stage to fully Modulating Boilers (Down to 20% Capacity)
- 12-15 Year Heat Exchanger Warranties
- 10 Year Parts Warranty* (May require product registration)